Online Psychotherapy provides mental health consultation through the internet (web-based) to help individuals in facing life challenges and emotional difficulties caused by traumatic experiences, grief & loss and other mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety. The main objective of online psychotherapy is to help individuals to understand more about themselves and to live a satisfying and fulfilling life.
- When you are feeling depressed, anxious and overwhelmed by a prolonged sense of helplessness and hopelessness.
- When your issues have negatively impacted your relationships, academic performance, and occupation.
- When your issues have caused significant distress in your daily life functioning.
- When you are having major life changes, such as grief and loss, being fired from work, and any trauma-related events which caused you to have difficulties in coping.
- When you and your partners are experiencing distress in your relationship.
- When you would like to understand more about yourself and improve the quality of your life.
- Client(s) being diagnosed with severe mental illnesses or psychiatric disorders.
- Client(s) with severe depression, having suicidal urges or difficulties in handling emotion that could cause violence or homicide.
- Client(s) who is/are currently in an urgent or dangerous situation.
Note: We do not provide 24-hour crisis service. If you need emergency help, please go to the Emergency Room of any public hospital or call 999 if you cannot go there safely: https://www.mypsychology.my/suicidehotlines/
Client’s personal health data is extremely important in online therapy. We follow the telepsychology guideline set by the American Psychological Association (APA). The software that we are using for online therapy is Google Meeting App that complies with the standard of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) for keeping client’s data safe and secure.
- Fill up the registration form
- You will be contacted through Whatsapp
- Sign Informed Consent
- Complete Payment & Confirm Session Time
- Attend session online
- A safe, private and quiet environment
- A device that supports video calling (PC or smartphone)
- A pair of earphones/headphones
- A stable internet connection (at least 5MBPS above)
We will use Google Meeting App for Online Therapy via video-conferencing.
- If you are using computer, you don’t have to download any app.
- If you are using smart phone, you need to download Google Meeting App (Google Play / App Store)
The simple procedures are as below:
- You will receive a link from us in Whatsapp
- When you click the link, you will enter a virtual meeting room
- Session starts.
Option 1: Debit / Credit Card (Visa / Master), Online Banking, E-wallet (Boost)
We are using online payment gateway – Razer Merchant Services to receive payments. You will receive a link through WhatsApp and it will lead you to a secure payment page by Razerpay. You may choose your preferred payment option and make your transaction. Once you have completed the payment, you will receive an official receipt from us through Whatsapp and your session is confirmed.
Option 2: Manual Bank Transfer
Alternatively, you may also complete the payment via bank transfer to our company bank account (Maybank Account: 514589471511 / MY Psychology Sdn Bhd) and send us the receipt via Whatsapp (+601133445270). If you need to reschedule your confirmed appointment, kindly contact us one day before the confirmed appointment.
Note: Payment made is not refundable.
If you need to reschedule the appointment, kindly inform us at least 1 day (24-hours) prior to the actual appointment.