(First Session Only)
*Please suggest not more than three time slots. We are open everyday, 9am-6pm, except Monday.
**Kindly note that we will whatsapp you for appointment scheduling. We will also assist you to complete payment before session to confirm your appointment slot.
**收到你的表格后，我们会透过Whatsapp 和你安排时间。我们也会协助你在 预约前完成付款，以确定你的预约时间。
What is Psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy or talk therapy is a way to help Client(s) in the face of emotional difficulties and personal concerns including, but are not limited to: difficulties to cope with daily life; trauma; death of a loved one; and specific mental disorders, such as depression or anxiety disorders. Psychotherapy is a process to help Clients of all ages better understand one’s self, and how their thoughts and feelings influence the way they behave, react, and relate to others, leading an enjoyable and satisfying life.
The first psychotherapy session usually starts with an intake assessment of problematic symptoms and maladaptive behaviors that have affected the Client’s functioning in various aspects of life. Psychotherapy is a joint effort between Client and Therapist; the progress may vary based on the particular concerns or issues being addressed as well as the Client’s willingness to participate in the therapeutic process.
Risks & Benefits of Psychotherapy
Therapy sessions carry both benefits and risks. These benefits may include, but are not limited to, reduced distress in feelings and thoughts, increased self-confidence, improved interpersonal relationships, increased comfort in work, academic, and/or daily activities.
In therapy sessions, Client may experience personal discomfort or unpleasant feelings (such as sadness, guilt, anxiety, anger, frustration, loneliness, or helplessness) when recalling or discussing uncomfortable experiences / situations with the Therapist. This is one of the considered risks of psychotherapy.
During the therapeutic process, many clients may feel worse before they feel better, which is generally the normal course for psychotherapy. Personal growth and change can be easy and smooth at times, but may also be slow and frustrating. The Client should address any concerns he/she has regarding his/her progress in therapy with the Therapist.
The information disclosed by Client is secure and strictly confidential. However, under certain circumstances (as described below), all Therapists are mandated (by law) to break confidentiality, if/when:
1. Client poses a danger to him / herself.
2. Client makes a serious threat of violence towards a reasonably identifiable victim.
3. Client provides written authorization to request the release of information.
4. The Court orders a release of information (*Our centre does not provide psychological services for court cases or police cases. Kindly discuss with your Therapist if you have any queries regarding this matter).
5. Client is below 18 years of age, parents/guardians have the rights to therapeutic information (*However, we hope parents/guardians acknowledge the importance of confidentiality. The therapist will brief parents/ guardians of the summary of the session).
6. A child / an elderly person is abused or neglected.
*By clicking Submit, you agree to the consent form above and you have read through it.